Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Storm of the Century

Or maybe not? Last Tuesday, Chicago was in a state of frenzied anticipation, awaiting the "biggest storm in 70 years," which promised 65 mph gale winds and major, MAJOR excitement. Weather advisories were booming, company safety alerts were emailed en masse to employees, and O'Hare and Midway Airports were preparing for a blast of back-ups and cancellations.

Um, what the heck? I realize that some parts of the country got pounded, and granted I'm not a home-owner, so I really shouldn't be wanting crazy weather for lack of not having to worry about my basement flooding or a tree falling on my roof, but, what the heck? Nothing! Maybe my hair was a little messier than usual after walking to work. So boring!

To add to the disappointment, my dad's flight to Chicago from Cleveland was cancelled. Not only was there not a storm, but I didn't get to see my dad! If you're going to get my hopes up that it's the worst storm in 70 years, you better deliver!

At least these photos turned out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment