Saturday, November 13, 2010

Converted Apartment Building


Have you ever noticed this apartment building directly south of Wrigley Stadium on Sheffield? I've probably walked past it a hundred times, and never gave it a thought. It's a church! You have to wonder why this church was even converted to apartments in the first place. Was there a fire? Lack of funding? Where are the stained glass windows? And most importantly, is it haunted??

It's always a little spooky when a church is no longer a church. As much as I respect the architects' decision to preserve the original structure (there's nothing more heart breaking than bull-dozing an old building), I'm not sure how I would feel about living in an old house of worship. Maybe I'm being too superstitious.

What do you think? Would you live in a converted church?

2 comments:

  1. Nope, have never noticed this either! It's pretty cool though - and yes, I would definitely live in a converted church. In college, my dorm was an old convent - very creepy, but also very cool. It was also haunted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose I could live in the bell tower if I had to.

    An old convent! Totally creepy! I'd love to hear the stories sometime.

    ReplyDelete