Monday, March 14, 2011

A Looming Obsession



My search for the perfect rug has indirectly spawned a weaving obsession.

I imagine that after a few classes and a table loom of my very own, I could be churning out beautiful handmade crafts similar to West Elm's Hammam Stripe Hand Towels and Ikea's Renate Rug.

Before committing to a table loom like the one above (no small investment), I think I'll be checking out The Chicago Weaving School, which offers 4-, 8-, and 12-week classes, as well as drop in classes for $30 per class, or $100 for a bundle of four classes.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to say I know someone that has a loom... very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. to be sure! it has a certain ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i took a weaving course when i studied abroad in italy... it was amazing. weaving is SO relaxing. i did make a rug (that is in the closet at my parents house because i don't want to wreck it!)

    maria has a big floor room. em and i used to take weaving when we were little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cara - that's amazing! I had no idea she had a floor loom. I'd love to see your rug sometime, too.

    ReplyDelete